Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stick To It

So I have been bombarded with messages lately. Messages for me of course, but I think we all know that there is probably at least one other person out there that could also benefit from what is revealed to us.

So I have been bombarded with messages lately. More and more it's coming to me that if I want to move forward into my dream life, it's time to act - and act decisively. It's time to face the fears, push though the blockages and to tell mountains to move out of my way. It's time for me to get out of my own way.

Here is what I have been getting (Perhaps this is confirmation for you)

1. Have a Clear Vision & Write it down - go to any seminar or read any book on goals or creating the life you desire and the first (or second, but probably the first) point that they will make is that you need to have a CLEAR UNDERSTANDING of what you want to accomplish/the life you want to have. We (I) have to write down, clearly, what it is I want to have, do and be in this life. Not doing this keeps you circling in that wilderness, like the Israelites did for - what was it - 40 years! They doubted the promise of the land flowing with milk and honey. And, honestly, each day we (I) don't work on writing down that plan, we are also saying "NOPE. I don't believe that I can really have it." And guess what, we never get it.

2. Stay focused on your vision - ok so you have something written down... it does little good if it is in a notebook that ends up in a file cabinet (or the trash). Reaching our goals requires us to spend time focusing on those goals every day. Taking time to visualize having reached those goals and what life will be like at that point, even thinking about what are the next goals now that you have reached this set. Placing ATTENTION on our vision with the INTENTION of making it happen with the BELIEF that it's going to happen is the most powerful way to make things happens.

3. Take Action - There is something we can do, almost everyday, that will keep us steadily moving toward our goals. We have to take action and do those things. We have see the vision clear enough that we know the steps to achieving those goals - or we know who to talk to in order to find out the steps. Jack Canfield (best know for Chicken Soup for the Soul) says in his book 'The Success Principles' "If you are clear on where you are going and you take several steps in that direction every day, you will eventually get there." And S. N. Goenka echoes that when he says "Work diligently. Diligently. Work patiently and persistently. Patiently and persistently. And you are BOUND to be successful. Bound to be successful."

4. Be Committed - The most powerful quotes I have come across so far is this, "There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results." (Ken Blanchard) WOW! We have to be 100% committed to fulfilling our dreams. 100% committed to living our best lives. We have to make the step necessary to achieve these goals nonnegotiable. The things we want to accomplish have to be so important to us, laced with so much burning desire, that we stop accepting our own excuses and DO what we know we need to do consistently until we reach that goal.

These 4 things are swirling around in my head and heart. I know it's time for me to take them seriously and start doing what is necessary for me to live the life of my dreams. And that is the best gift I could ever give myself.

No comments: